Monday, September 08, 2014

Doodle with a China Marker


I was drawing and talking via Google Hangout with good friends, one of whom was the talented Katie Kath Boyd. Here is our dialogue exchange:

Katie: You should try using a China marker.

Me: Good idea! But how do I sharpen it?

Katie: You sharpen it.

Me: Oh.

----

I don't even know why I asked that question. It seemed logical at the time, but Katie provided an equally logical answer. Yup, yup.

Here is an quick illustration using a sharpened China marker. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maple, it is not exaaaaacctly archival, but I have a blast drawing over watercolor lines with cheap eyeliner pencils. They are SO soft and while they're frustrating to sharpen - totally valid question (teehee) they're fun enough to be worth the effort.